5.2.07

Magazine Monday

In this regular Monday feature we will shine the youwishyoulookedthisgood.com spotlight on new issues of mags that have just come out. Today we feature Bust and Blackbook.
Magazines that start with the letter B are so
tres chic right now...

So is the whole 'issue' concept- 'The Love issue, The drug issue, The green issue, The issues issue.' Enough issues already! Gwen Stefani understands.
Naomi Watts scrubs up alright.

The native Australian, struggled for years in Hollywood before she got her break in Mulholland Drive.

Now she's a superstar on the cover of magazines proclaiming (completely out of context) that 'Life's too short!' I don't care how famous you are Naomi, get some context. It's terribly confusing for us mere mortals to have to decipher you're contextless comments.
I mean who does that? I know I couldn't get away with just randomly shouting contextless statements to anyone who'd listen. I'm sure I'd receive very stern looks if I walked up to the first person I saw on the street and proclaimed to their face, "Home is where the heart is!" or "Get with the program!"
It's very unnecessary Naomi. Very unnecessary.

4 comments:

Mel said...

Naomi Watts looks like Princess Di!! Come on, I'm right, ain't I?

Unknown said...

you obviously did not understand her context. she was joking--being sarcastic. read the full article in allure.

but laughter has an echo that is grim. most romantic comedies are pretty poor.

the pot calling the kettle black.

Tom Jackson said...

Way over your head John! Don't mean to state the obvious 'BUT I WAS JOKING ALSO!' Sheeesh John, no need to be so dark...'laughter has an echo that is grim'. Must be fun going to comedies with you!

Unknown said...

love good comedies. watts has been great in some--ellie parker (dramedy), i heart huckabees, & broad british comedy undertaking betty.

my favorite comedies tend to be political, like dr. strangelove. laugh at more serious english comedies (actually going back to shakespeare)from room w/a view to...the painted veil (somerset maugham--some audiences laughed like i did). also loved airplane.

as for being way over anyone's head, i realize i am too academic at times. all of this is in preparation for another paper for the annual popular culture conference in 2months (in my retirement).