1.4.07

Madge's Painted Billboard in NYC


Very clever Mrs Richie. Others may not see what you're doing with this giant painted billboard for your H&M range, but I do. I know your game. What better why to fight the seven signs of aging than with a 'painted' billboard of yourself? And I applaud you for your ingenuity. But how long can you keep this up? I mean what are you going to do; banish Steven Klien as your fave photographer and appoint, say, a court artist to paint flattering likenesses of you? And even if that's the case, what about the pesky paparazzi? Surely they're not going to pick up paint brushes and easels, just because you ask them nicely. No, no, this hair-brain scheme just isn't going to work. You would have flourished into old age, if you'd lived five hundred years ago, when painted liknesses were all the rage. But those days are over. So you're just going to have to accept that photography is part of this modern world and make the most of it. It's amazing what they can do with Photoshop these days. But I don't need to remind you of that do I?

(Madonna's claw, I mean hand, gets a make-over)

No comments: