3.4.07

L.A.M.B to the slaughter


Zaldy
Goco,
the head designer behind Gwen Stefani's fashion label, L.A.MB. has been given the boot. According to a source, the label is “just not doing as well as it should be.” Another cause for the split seems to have been Zaldy’s involvement in numerous side projects, including his namesake line. The fashion darling made a name for himself as an image consultant for such companies as Donna Karan and M.A.C and as a stylist for both screen and stage, creating rock-worthy looks for Mary J. Blige, Jennifer Lopez, Britney Spears and, of course, Stefani herself, most recently working with the Scissor Sisters on the costumes for their sophomore tour. “I think he just had too much going on for Gwen,” speculated the source. A spokesperson for L.A.M.B. declined all comment on the split, as Stefani was not immediately available.

Personally I've never been a fan of the L.A.M.B range. I love Gwen Stefani, but I think most of her label's clothes are a bit crap. But then what do I know, I wore homie pants as a teenager and for a brief period in 93 had a 'bob' haircut.

No comments: